Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A new book in the offing?

Might go ahead and write another book, although I mostly had sworn off.

Reason being is that it is simpler to blog than almost anything else. I discovered years ago that I could write and that it was pretty simple for me to make my point in writing. In fact, I had problems in keeping my writing short and succinct. Still have. That's why its so easy to write whole books.

This whole chain of thought simply came about as a point of inspiration. Earlier (can I find that entry where I said this...) I had the idea that I would write weekly posts and then assemble them into a cohesive whole book once a year. A thousand or so words each week would then give me a 50K world book each year.

The other thing that brought this around was that I am going through something with working to reprogram myself - and that other people might be interested in this. Here I am, technically one of the working poor, also a latent "boomer" (long end of the scale) due to be eligible for Soc Sec benefits in another twelve years or so. My problems is that I love doing art and writing and hate warehouse and factory jobs - or sucking up to morons while I fix their incessant computer problems. I see greater visions for myself.

But the land between here and there is something else entirely. I don't have a clue how that is going to happen.

Now according to "The Secret" transcripts, I should simply keep going at this, keep positing my completed vision and the details will take care of the devil in them. The How is over to the universe.

from Chapter 3:
"Most of us have never allowed ourselves to want what we truly want, because we can't see how it's going to manifest.

"If you do just a little research, it is going to become evident to you that anyone that ever accomplished anything, did not know how they were going to do it. They only knew they were going to do it. You don't need to know how it's going to come about. You don't need to know how the universe will rearrange itself. You don't know how, it'll be shown to you. You will attract the way.

"Most of the time, when we don't see the things that we've requested, we get frustrated. We get disappointed. And we begin to become doubtful. The doubt brings about a feeling of disappointment. Recognize that feeling and replace it with a feeling of unwavering faith. I know like I know like I know that it's on its way."

It's just that question of faith. And the old echoes of Napoleon Hill (Chapter 2)come booming in:
"Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to burn his ships and cut all sources of retreat. Only by so doing can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a BURNING DESIRE TO WIN, essential to success.

"Every human being who reaches the age of understanding of the purpose of money, wishes for it. Wishing will not bring riches. But desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches."

He's got the third chapter devoted to improving one's own faith. Logical, yes? Like the old, "Get thee behind me, Satan!"

But Wattles and Haanel also say the same thing - in different terms and phrasings, but the same damn thing.

I'm going to have to go whole hog on this point, on my future. No more waffling and carrying on about life. I can't any longer regret my yesterdays and wallow in my disappointments. The new improved Now that I want is only changed by my current thinking.

So all this work I've been through is the severest acid test of these same theories. Up to this point, I've been completely unknown. Yet now I know I have bestselling books and artwork. Now I know that I make millions each year. Now I know that I'm married and have a great, big family. There's quite a lot more that I know is there. I just have to generate the faith and quit messing with the big and little doubts about it.

I know that the Secret works, the Law of Attraction works. The only limit to my abilities is myself and my considerations about me.

Thus there is a story which people would be interested in. I heard Bob Proctor completely remade himself in one year - and then went on to great things. I first have been spending the last 6 or 7 years researching self-help books and their underlying system. The 22 years before that, I was working at counseling and involved in a dead-end cult which called itself a religion (which it was, technically - but let's leave it there). Right now, I basically live hand-to-mouth as I'm too involved with all these thoughts and stuff flowing around, in, and near my head (called the mind) to have patience with the never-ending, suck-up, mundane, commercial world. I just think too fast and too furiously.

My best bet, then, is in writing and art - like I started out. This gives me a part-time job to cover my bills (mostly my Internet connection and some gas for my truck), while I work the farm for my room-and-board. The rest of the day/week is mine to invest as I would.

And so I write when I can, and work on my artwork as I can. Both as I'm inspired to do - which leaves me writing more frequently than "arting" as it is much easier to pound out words at a keyboard than it is to sketch, scan, colorize, scale and post. Writing is just typing, linking and posting. One computer program, not five.

For those of you following along here, (and those of you delving back into the archives) you will see some of this come up later, as I publish a new book before or after next Christmas. If you see yourself changing along with me, then I wish peace for all of us and all of our adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive